DUBAIDUBAIABU DHABIAUSTRALIA Sun - Thu 10:00-19:00 / Sat 10:00-15:30 +971 4 263 6374 Sun - Thu 10:00-19:00 / Sat 10:00-15:30 +971 2666 0424 Mon - Fri 10:00-18:00 +61 470 644 720
24x7 Support
Industry Standard
ISO 9001 - 2000

General Skilled Migration In New Zealand


General Skilled Category

Developed countries like the New Zealand hate to risk their economy by making it open to people can’t contribute to it. But if you can, New Zealand welcomes you with open hands, given you have the skills. In order to apply under the Skilled Migrant Category Resident Visa, the applicant must first try to assess himself on the points-based system to get a fair idea of how many points he’ll be able to score. Presently, the NZ government is only selecting people with more than 160 points. To begin with, an applicant must first send the New Zealand Immigration Department an Expression of Interest (EOI) stating the details about your employment in New Zealand, your work experience, qualifications etc. If your EOI is selected, the Department may invite you to apply and work in New Zealand permanently. This visa entitles you to live, work and study indefinitely in New Zealand. You may include your partner and dependent children below 24 years of age in your application.

  • You must provide at least 2 acceptable photos of yours, along with the original or certified copy of your passport and your birth certificate.
  • Applicant must prove that he or she is of good character. One shouldn’t pose a security risk to New Zealand or threaten its reputation internationally. Applicants, more than 17 years of age must provide a police certificate issued by one’s country of citizenship.
  • The applicant must provide the proof of good health by having a chest x-ray scan and a medical examination report
  • Applicant must display proficiency in language skills by providing sufficient test results. Tests accepted for this purpose are the IELTS (one must score a minimum of 6.5), the TEOFL iBT (a minimum of 79 marks is required), the PTE (minimum 58 marks required to qualify), the Cambridge English test (with more than 175 marks) and the Occupational English Test (in which one must score at least Grade B for listening, reading, writing as well as speaking).
  • You should be under the age of 55.
  • You must have a qualification which is recognized by the Government of New Zealand.
  • You must be having a skilled employment and will have to provide evidence of your work experience, qualifications and occupational registration for any of the listed occupations.
  • You must have some relevant work experience in order to qualify for points under this head.
  • If you have children below 16, either they should speak English or you must pay for them to have English classes in New Zealand while you’re here.

The Sub Category Under this Visa Category are As Follows:

Investor Category

To attract a populace that can invest in the New Zealand economy, the government has in place a separate system. Under this category, New Zealand invites affluent people who can invest in Australian companies in their equity, or bonds issued by the New Zealand government, development of property other than investor’s personal use or even philanthropic investment up to 15% of the investment.

There are two sub-categories under this head:
• Investor Visa – Applicant must be invest $3M NZD for at least 4 years and must have a minimum of 3 years of experience in business. The English language requirements apply as usual. The age of the applicant must be less than 66 years.
• Investor Plus Visa – Should you choose to invest $10M NZD for 3 years, the Investor Plus Visa is for you.

Entrepreneur Category

Experienced businessmen add a certain value to any economy. New Zealand has its own way of attracting such people. Those who have been self-employed in New Zealand at least for 6 months or have been successfully running a business over the past two years on a self-employment permitting visa, can apply for this visa, to be eligible under this category.

Family Category

Under this category, you may join or travel with either your partner, adult child, dependent child, parent or other relatives who have or has applied for a NZ residence or citizenship, a valid work or study visa. Depending on the type of application, the eligibility criteria may vary.

Humanitarian Category

Under this category, people who are suffering from serious emotional or medical harm and have an immediate family member in New Zealand may be able to apply for residence.

Refugee Category

Under the 1951 UN Convention on Refugees, 1967 Protocol Relating to the Status of Refugees, 1984 Convention Against Torture and 1966 ICCPR, New Zealand is obligated to protect a quota of refugees, whom it helps to settle in New Zealand once they have arrived.

Exchange Student Visa

If you have a place in an approved student exchange scheme and want to study full time in New Zealand, you’ll require this visa, to obtain which, you must show evidence of your acceptance. You’re entitled to study full time and work part time up to 20 hours a week while studying and during holidays you can work full time. You may apply for a visitor visa in New Zealand for another 3 months as a tourist.

All residence applications include the main applicant, their spouse and all children under the age of 20 at the time of filing the application.

Enjoy A New Way Of Living In New Zealand